Not sure if you need to have your air ducts cleaned? Here are some indicators that our Charlotte area friends can observe that may indicate it is time to have your air ducts cleaned. When you move into a new home you learn a lot of important information from the home inspection. However, one thing that often isn’t known when you first buy or rent is when was the last time the ducts were cleaned, if ever.
Common Signs That It Is Time For Air Duct Cleaning:
- If you find yourself with worsening allergies, headaches or sneezing while in the home, but not in other locations then your HVAC system may be the problem
- You see dust build up or vents and/or registers
- You notice your filters are packed with dust every time you change them
- You notice a need for more frequent dusting than usual
- You smell a musty odor when your HVAC system is running
- If mold has been detected elsewhere in your home, it is recommended that you have your air ducts cleaned
Clean Air Ducts After New Construction or Remodeling Projects
Construction and remodeling produces a great deal of sawdust and other particulate matter that settles in your air ducts and HVAC system. For that reason, it is always recommended that you have your air ducts cleaned after construction or remodeling.
Still Not Sure?
If you are still not sure it is time for air duct cleaning, try performing a visual inspection yourself. Remove two or three registers at different location in you home shine a light inside and take a peek or take a picture. If you notice a significant layer of dust accumulation inside the air duct then it is time for cleaning.
Request a Free Quote
CLT Quality Air Duct Cleaning would be happy to provide a no obligation free quote for cleaning your air ducts and HVAC system. Our technicians are standing by.